Job Description and Benefits
Multi-Sports Coaches are part of a team responsible for the delivery of a high-quality, school-holiday, Kings Camps experience, ensuring children aged 5 to 17 are active, having fun and learning together.
About the Role
Reporting to a Site Manager, Sports Coaches are specifically responsible for a group of similar-age children, leading them in a range of activity sessions as part of our award-winning Multi-Active Programme. Activities include regular sports such as football, tennis and badminton, active games and team building activities. Activity sessions typically last between 30 – 60 minutes.
We promote Active-Coaching – high-energy, fun and inclusive activity sessions that get every child active and having fun.
Person Specification (Ideal but with some flexibility)
Availability between 8am-6pm, Monday to Friday, during the school holidays, for the duration of shorter seasons, and a minimum of 3 consecutive weeks during summer season.
- There are also shorter hours and week opportunities and there’s some flexibility around work or study commitments.
- At least 6 months’ experience working with children from 5 – 17 years
- At least 3 months’ experience coaching a sport or active games
Level 2 or higher qualification in:
- Primary or Secondary Teaching
- Sports Coaching
- Physical Education
- Paediatric First Aid (training opportunities are also available)
- Vibrant, resilient, team player
- Flexible and adaptable
Working with Kings Camps during the school-holidays offers you pay, high-quality employment and valuable experience.
- Weekly pay rate: £370 to £515 per week (based on age and experience)
- High quality, enjoyable and worthwhile experience
- Career development and the potential of regular employment with us
- Working in an experienced staff team of coaches and managers who provide a strong support network
- Experience the joy of developing others in leadership, communication, coaching and working with children
- Enjoy delivering market-leading activity programmes
- Work in first class facilities and locations – the best universities and schools in the UK
- Benefit from a proven training and onboarding process
- Make a difference to the lives of children from a variety of backgrounds – you’ll be contributing to the health of the nation
Location and Times
We have exceptional facilities in great locations, as far North as Aberdeen and down south as far as Plymouth.
Locations: Over 50 Schools and Universities, covering England, Scotland and Wales
Dates: Easter, Summer and Half Term School Holidays.
We’re committed to safer recruitment
Safer recruitment is central to the way we work and all staff and volunteers are expected to share our commitment to safeguarding. To create an environment where young people feel safe and can thrive, our staff selection process includes:
- A video interview (approx 40 mins) which covers suitability, experience and skills
- Seeking at least 2 professional references
- An enhanced disclosure with barred list check (or equivalent for Scottish Residents)
- Ongoing training and performance evaluations with structured support from your Manager
Find your perfect role!
Roles Available at Kings Camps