I need to apply for a new DBS check through Kings
Please follow the 3 stages below for a new disclosure application with Kings. All our DBS applications are processed by Care Check and the cost is £53 which you will need to fund. You may also choose to sign up to the DBS Update Service (£13 annual subscription) so that your DBS check may be used with future employers. More information on the update service can be found at DBS-update-service. Kings will cover the cost of an initial DBS application for Voluntary, Site and Regional Management positions.
Stage 1 – Apply for a DBS Check
Please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request a Kings Camps DBS application link. Once you have received your email, please click ‘proceed to application’ and begin the online process. The application will take around 20 minutes and please note you’ll need to ensure you have everything to hand.
Before you begin, you will need:
- To have 3 valid forms of ID to hand (from Appendix 1 below)
- Your National Insurance Number
- Your address history from the last 5 years, including student addresses (If you are a student with term time addresses you must include this information within your application. More information and guidance can be found here).
- You must select ‘ENHANCED’ for the level of the check
- You must declare middle names
Once you have completed and submitted your details, please move on to the Identity check link within the application.
Stage 2 – Confirm who you are (Identity Check)
We have to confirm your ID in order to perform a disclosure check. As we have camps across the UK, we appreciate that not all staff can visit our Sheffield office and so we instead offer two online services, one through an app and one through a video call.
How does it work?
- Prepare three valid forms of ID (for example passport, driving license and birth certificate, for what to use, see Appendix 1 below)
- If you have one registered address (i.e. all your ID matches your current address) and a current British or Irish passport, you’ll be best using the app.
- If you have ID registered at 2 addresses (for example you are a student), you’ll need to book a video call.
- To get started, email us (email@example.com) confirming if your ID is all registered at one address, plus 3 x forms of ID from the list below and we will signpost you to the relevant route for your ID check.
Stage 3 – Pay for your Disclosure Check
- Your disclosure application cannot be processed until you have paid
- To make your £53 payment, please click here to pay online or call us on 0114 263 2155 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm). Payment must be made via Credit or Debit card only)
- NOTE (for DBS applicants only) In addition to the costs noted above, you may also choose to sign up to the DBS Update Service (£13 annual subscription) so that your DBS check may be used with future employers. Please note you do not sign up with us or pay us for this service. More information on the update service can be found at DBS-update-service.
Stage 4 – Certificate Issued
Once we have countersigned your application, Disclosure Services will process your DBS check and the results will be issued directly to you in the post in due course. Please note that we will also receive a copy of the result for a final recruitment decision. We will contact you only should we need to discuss the information on the certificate, otherwise please keep your copy safe for your records.