Working with young children
Forming part of the Red Tops team, we seek to recruit individuals who are passionate about developing young children, whether that be in in improving their self-confidence around others, or their sporting ability.
If this sounds like you, check out the roles below.
Key Stage One Coach
Key Stage One coaches share the responsibilities of a Multi-Sports Coach, but are specially placed with those children on camp who are eight years old and under.
Delivering high-energy, fun and inclusive activity sessions that gets every child active and having fun, each day will include a wide range of activity sessions, including (but not limited to) football, tennis, badminton, cricket and more – with each session typically lasting between 30 – 45 minutes.
Child safety is our number one priority and coaches need to ensure the welfare of the children in their group, during activity sessions, and during morning, lunch and afternoon breaks. We expect the safe use of equipment and adherence to our policies and procedures.
Person Specification (Ideal but with some flexibility)
- Availability between 8am-6pm, Monday to Friday, during the school holidays, for the duration of shorter seasons, and a minimum of 3 consecutive weeks during summer season. (There are also shorter hours and week opportunities and there’s some flexibility around work or study commitments.)
- At least 6 months’ experience working with children from 5 – 8 years
- At least 3 months’ experience coaching a sport or active games
- Vibrant, resilient, team player
- Flexible and adaptable
- Level 2 or higher qualification in:
- Primary or Secondary Teaching
- Sports Coaching
- Physical Education
- Paediatric First Aid (training opportunities are also available)
What goes on at camp?
See our Red Tops in action