Step 2: Online and In-person Training
We run a number of online training sessions for all Red Tops (including swim teachers) prior to the start of camp. You are required to attend a one-hour interactive session where we will discuss what you have learnt in your Online Learning, what’s next and what to expect on your first day of camp.
There is a number of in-person training days as we approach the Summer season – keep an eye on your emails for an invitation.
NB: Invites to online training will be sent to you via Microsoft Teams. You will need to accept the invite, login with your full name, turn your camera on and be ready to participate!
Dates & Locations:
- Saturday 18 June – Edinburgh, Stewart Melville College, 10am – 4pm
- Saturday 16 July – Cheadle, Cheadle Hulme School and Nottingham, Nottingham University, 10am – 4pm
- Sunday 17 July – Bristol, Redmaids School and Northampton, Northampton High, 10am – 4pm
Who are we inviting?
- All new or recently hired Red Tops
- New Site and Assistant Managers
- This is a paid event (6 hours of attendance)
- Expenses and travel – you will receive more information about this
Any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you.
Step 3: Induction Day
All staff (new and returning) must attend their camp’s Induction Day. It is typically the Saturday before Camp starts and will last no longer than 4 hours. This is a paid training day that forms part of your employment contract. Failure to attend may result in your contract being terminated.
It will be an action packed day as you meet your team, tour the venue, prepare the equipment, risk assess the site and run through what the first morning will look like. Having an induction allows staff to feel prepared and ready for when the children arrive, without it, you may feel under-prepared and unsure what you are doing.
Confirmation of your camp’s Induction Day can be found in the table below.
Prepare for your Induction Day by:
- Bring with you evidence of your eligibility to work in the UK (either your Passport/Visa or Biometric Residence Permit plus a photocopy of the exact same document to hand in to your Site Manager) Note: Driving licences are NOT acceptable
- Complete all your relevant ONLINE LEARNING modules, and have downloaded the ‘Safeguarding on Camp’ and ‘Looking After Children’ certificates to show to your manager. Spot checks will be carried out by Head Office to ensure all modules are complete
NB: Ensure you have spoken with your manager before Induction Day. If you have not heard from your Site Manager, please call the Operations Team on 0114 263 2150.
Induction Dates – Summer 2022